Islamabad is the capital territory of Pakistan. It is not just the most developed city in this country but also includes the diplomatic enclave of Pakistan. Similarly, in these high-profile areas, one needs clear arteries for smooth travelling. Especially when it comes to modern infrastructure and development, Islamabad leads the way. Likewise, we will discuss Kashmir Highway, Islamabad, and places near it. If you are travelling to this city, you can learn much about where to visit via this Kashmir Highway, Islamabad.
About Kashmir Highway, Islamabad
Constructed in 1973, this famous artery of the capital territory of Pakistan, the Kashmir Highway, is now the ‘Srinagar Highway’ after the Federal Government of Pakistan renamed it on August 3, 2020. The reason was the tribute to the people of Kashmir against Indian violence. Also, this famous route connects numerous neighbourhoods of the capital territory with a swift and comfortable driving experience.
With 25 km length and 5 lanes, this Srinagar Highway provides different routes via interchanges and intersections. In addition, some of these are either in process or will be constructed in future. Likewise, all of them are part of the Capital Development Authority’s Kashmir Highway, Islamabad, project.
- Peshawar Mor Interchange (9th Avenue, Margalla Road, IJP Road, and Rawalpindi)
- Airport Interchange (Islamabad International Airport)
- Dhokri Interchange (Kashmir Chowk, E-75 Expressway, Muzaffarabad, Faizabad, Murree, sector E-8, E-9 and Rawalpindi)
- Zero Point Interchange (Shah Faisal Masjid, Blue Area, Islamabad Expressway, Lahore and Gujranwala)
- Motorway Interchange (M1 and M2 Motorway)
- GT Road Interchange (Peshawar, Taxila, Rawalpindi, and Lahore)
- G-9 Intersection (sector G-9)
- G-10 Intersection (sector G-10 and F-10)
- G-11 Interchange (sector G-11, F-11, and NUST)
- H-11 Interchange (sector H-11, I-11, and IJP Road)
- Golra Sharif Interchange (Golra Sharif, Haji Camp, and Rawalpindi)
- Seventh Avenue Intersection (Seventh Avenue and Garden Avenue)
- Serena Hotel Intersection (Serena Hotel, Pakistan Secretariat, Diplomatic Enclave, and Parliament House)
Kashmir Highway, Islamabad, Location
This extensive highway starts from Kashmir Chowk to Tarnol covering multiple neighbourhoods of Islamabad. To illustrate, from sector G to sector H, this highway will connect you to many famous spots in Islamabad.
If we discuss Kashmir Highway Islamabad directions, its west will take you to Islamabad International Airport. In addition, the east will take you to Bani Gala (residence of ex-Prime Minister and Former Cricket-Player, Imran Khan). Furthermore, you may check Kashmir Highway, Islamabad, on the map to have a more precise estimation of directions.
Also, read about the best apartment buildings in Islamabad.
Diplomatic Enclave and Federal Offices
Now comes the federal offices where you can get all your official activities done. Furthermore, it is for those who look for formal activities for their documentation and other tasks. Whether you need to update your identity card, verify educational documents, apply for a driving license, or do any other formal activity, these offices are very close to Kashmir Highway, Islamabad.
- Diplomatic Enclave
- NADRA office
- IBCC office
- FIA head office
- Excise and Taxation office
- Islamabad Chamber of Commerce
- Directorate General Immigration and Passport office
- Islamabad High Court
- Chief Commissioner Islamabad office
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs office
- ITP Driving License office
Recreational Places to Visit
If you have visited Islamabad and travelled through Kashmir Highway, Islamabad, you will explore some amazingly recreational places with your friends and family. Likewise, all these places will escalate your experience in the capital territory. Moreover, you may visit local parks and sports clubs here. Have a look at these places.
- Shakarparian National Park
- Pakistan Museum of Natural History
- Islamabad Sports Complex
- Pakistan Monument
- Lok Virsa Heritage Museum
- Jinnah Convention Centre
- The Centaurus Mall Islamabad
- Zero Point Islamabad (Shah Faisal Masjid is only 12 minutes of drive away)
- Lake View Park
- Fatima Jinnah Park
- Pakistan National Council of Arts
- Serena Hotel
Restaurants to Visit
Within 5 to 10 minutes of drive, you can delight your belly with mouth-watering dishes from these restaurants below. Then, after a long day of travelling in the capital territory, you will wish to visit places like them.
- Khyber Shinwari Restaurant
- Savour Foods
- Yogi Haus
- Melody Food Park
- Tandoori Restaurant
Institutes near Kashmir Highway, Islamabad
Many students from Islamabad and Rawalpindi travel to universities for their academic career development. Furthermore, you may reach any of the top universities in this area via Kashmir Highway. Islamabad, swiftly. Have a look at them below.
- International Islamic University Islamabad
- FAST National University of Computer and Emerging Sciences Islamabad
- National University of Science and Technology (NUST)
- Allama Iqbal Open University
- Air University
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan
- Pakistan Institute of Medical Sciences
- Also, Shifa International Hospital
Have a look at Islamabad-Rawalpindi Metro Bus Service for smooth and comfortable travelling in twin cities. Similarly, you may read about Lyari Expressway, which also helps people in Karachi reach their destinations quickly. Besides, if you are willing to buy/rent properties in Islamabad, visit Jagah Online for trusted and verified properties.