Types of Passport
If you need to travel abroad from Islamabad for leisure, studies, work, business, or any other emergency passport is the first basic thing you’ll need besides permit and visa. Since it acts as a form of your identity and indicates your origins [in some cases], without a passport, you cannot leave the country nor enter any other country. Here is a simple guide to all the passport offices in Islamabad.
As per usual, this guide has been divided into different sections for your convenience. Firstly, we will discuss the types of Pakistani passports. Afterwards, we will list down the addresses of passport offices in Islamabad, along with the timings. In the end, we will discuss the documentation and the passport application process.
Types of Pakistani Passport
The government of Pakistan issues three types of passports to its citizens based on the profession.
- Ordinary Passport: It is an ordinary machine readable passport, issued to common citizens, for applying to international visas.
- Diplomatic Passport: It’s a diplomatic passport issued to all the diplomats and individuals who fall under similar categories.
- Official passport: This passport is issued to the nationals, who are senior officials in the ministry, or judges. Anyone directly affiliated with the government bodies.
Location of Passport Offices, Islamabad
Passport offices in Islamabad are categorized into regional and executive offices.
That said, here’s the exact location of passport offices in Islamabad. These offices have been authorized by the Directorate General Immigration and Passport.
Regional Passport Offices, Islamabad
|DGIP Headquarter||G-8/1 Mauve Area, Islamabad.||051-111-344-777|
|13-C, Al-Hussain Plaza, G-10 Markaz, Islamabad.||051-9239308|
|Regional Passport Office, Plot 19-A, Ground Floor, Pak Plaza, Fazal-e-Haq Road, Blue Area, Islamabad.||N/A|
Executive Passport Office, Islamabad
Getting a passport issued or renewed is considered a hassle since it involves a few procedures.
In 2017, an executive passport office was opened in Islamabad. This office lets people, who are willing to pay extra, get a passport made immediately.
Address Executive Passport Office Islamabad: PaK Plaza, 22 Service Road, G 6/2 Blue Area, Islamabad.
Phone Number: 051-9202340
Passport office Islamabad Timings
The offices are operational on all days except for Saturday and Sunday, and any public holiday.
Monday to Thursday: 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM
Friday: 9:00 AM to 12:30 PM
The timings can change as per the directions of Directorate General Immigration and Passport. Some branches operate for 24hrs, as well. You can contact the branch you wish to visit, for further details.
Some Additional Information
We have provided you with the location and the helpline for the branch you wish to visit, but there are some things you must keep in mind before visiting.
- If applying to get the passport issued for the first time, you need to visit the regional office that is present in the region you live in.
- If getting your passport renewed, you can visit any passport office in the city, however you must keep the details of your permanent and temporary location, as well as your old passport.
We will tell all the documentation, one must take before heading to a passport office.
- Some exceptions are made for army personnel, government and semi-government officials, members of parliament and their close relations. These individuals can visit any office, they desire to.
Documents Required for Passport Application
The documents one requires for issuance [both adults and minors] and renewal are different. Let’s take a look.
If you are 18 years of age or above, you need to take the following documents with you:
- 2 photocopies of CNIC or NICOP
- Bank receipt of the fee deposit
- Foreign passport and its copy in case of dual nationality
- NOC (No-Objection Certificate) for government employees
- Original CNIC or NICOP
For citizens under the of 18, the necessary documents are:
- 2 photo copies of birth certificate, issued by NADRA
- 2 photo copies of parent’s CNIC
- Bank receipt of the fee deposit,
- CRC (Child Registration Certificate)
- Foreign passport and its copy for dual nationals
For the individuals who wish to get their passport renewed, they should make sure they keep the following documents with them:
- Bank receipt of the renewal fee deposit
- Original CNIC or CRC (for minors)
- Old passport and its copy
Procedure for Passport Application and Collection
If you have arrived at the passport office, with all the required documents, then it’s a very simple process. All you have to do is follow these simple steps:
- Step 1: Submit the passport renewal fee or passport challan fee on the National Bank counter. Afterwards, proceed to the customer service counter, where you’ ll be given a passport form. Fill it before moving to the next step.
- Step 2: Now, your photograph will be taken and you will be issued a token.
- Step 3: At the next counter, you will have to submit the digital profile – your fingerprints.
- Step 4: You will have to enter your bio-data, in the form you will be provided. If you are renewing your passport, they will already have all the information. You will be asked to recheck it.
Note: Recheck all the information, for tiny details, spelling errors, etc.
For individuals applying for a student visa, make sure all the spellings are the same as those on your documents, such as mark sheets, etc.
- Step 5: Your profile will be cross checked, with the ECL (exit control list) and BL (black list). If you have been cleared, then move onto the sixth and the final step.
- Step 6: You will be called to an interview by the Assistant Director of the regional passport office, (no need to panic, you will only be asked some basic questions). The director will then give you a passport tracking number, you can see the application and through which you can see the application and the delivery date of your passport.
You will receive your passport from the same office you applied to. All you have to do is provide them the receipt you received from the Assistant Director. If you wish, you can get it delivered to your doorstep, but it will cost extra.
Pakistani Passport Charges and Validity
There are certain criteria, according to which, the fee for the passport is decided.
- Number of pages
- Years of validity (5 0r 10 Years)
- Type: Normal or Urgent
Note: The passport for minors will have the validity of 5 years only. The normal passport can be collected in 15 days, while the urgent passport arrives in 4 days.
Fee for Passports with 5 Years Validity
|Category||Number of Pages||Price (PKR)|
Fee for Passport with 10 Years Validity
|Category||Number of pages||Price (PKR)|
These are all the essentials you need to know before applying for a Passport. If you are a frequent traveler and want to apply for Turkish visa, our Travel Guide on Turkey from Pakistan might help you with the procedure. Or if you’re looking to start your own business, here’s the list of available offices for sale in Islamabad.
For more updates on tourism laws and travel guides, keep visiting JagahOnline Blog. Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook.