Have you recently applied for a job? Or have recently given aptitude tests for a university? If so, you probably know about National Testing Services, or more commonly known as NTS. It is a testing organisation that evaluates the competency of individuals applying to universities and government jobs. In this blog, we will list down everything about the eligibility criteria, application process, and how to check your NTS test results for individuals who have recently appeared for a test.
As per usual, this blog has been divided into different sections. Let’s take a look at the functions and history of this department before we get into further details.
More About National Testing Services (NTS)
Formed in July 2002, National Testing Service (NTS) is a centralised testing organisation in Pakistan.
It is headquartered in the capital city, but you can find the test centres and regional offices all across the country. There are nearly 500 test centres all over the country.
National Testing Service – Pakistan (NTS) was established in July 2002 in response to an expressed need for a testing service in the National Education Policy (1998-2010) and the Information Technology (IT) Policy of the Government of Pakistan (GoP).
The department conducts three types of tests including:
- National Aptitude Test (NAT) for the individuals seeking admission in undergraduate and postgraduate programs of universities affiliated with NTS
- General Assessment Test (GAT) is aimed at individuals applying for M.Phil or HEC scholarships and PHD programs of institutions affiliated with NTS
- NTS also conducts tests for the particular individuals who wish to get a job at a firm associated with NTS
- Test of English for International Communication (TOEIC) is a language competency test for job seekers around the world.
Quick Fact: NTS has conducted around 7171 tests while 20,000,000 participants have appeared in these tests across the country for different purposes.
International Collaboration of NTS
The National Testing Service is a HEC recognised institution. On the other hand, it has collaborated internationally with the following organisations:
- The International Association for Educational Assessment (IAEA), U.S
- Asia Pacific Quality Network (APQN)
- Association of Test Publishers (ATP), Washington US
- National Educational Standards and Quality Assessment (Public Organisation) of Thailand (ONESQA)
- Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development (ASCD), US
Institutions in Pakistan Associated with NTS
Here is a list of some of the notable institutes of Pakistan that are associated with this testing organisation.
- University of Peshawar
- Institute of Management Sciences, Peshawar
- Karachi Institute of Technology and Entrepreneurship (KITE)
- DOW University of Health and Sciences, Karachi
- Jinnah Sindh Medical University, Karachi
- National University of Computer & Emerging Sciences (FAST), all over the country.
On a side note, we have listed the process of checking HEC recognised universities in Pakistan in one of our recent posts.
Registration Procedure for NTS Test Online
Whether you are applying for the National Aptitude Test or the General Assessment Test, you need to follow the following procedure for filling the online form.
Step 1: Create an account on the National Testing Service online portal.
Step 2: You can register by using your CNIC number.
Step 3: Once you have registered or logged into your account, you need to select the type of test you will be appearing for: NAT or GAT.
Step 4: Fill the online application form, as per the guidelines.
Pro Tip: Recheck the form, and make sure all the spellings are the same as your other documents.
Step 5: You will need to select the date of the test you will be applying for, based on your requirement and your city.
Step 6: Upload a recent passport size photograph.
Step 7: Download the deposit slip of the bank to pay the NTS Registration Fee online.
Note: Habib Bank Limited, Allied Bank, Muslim Commercial Bank, Meezan Bank, and United Bank Limited, are some of the banks accepting NTS Registration Fee slip.
Step 8: Fill the deposit slip with the required information.
Step 9: Send the deposit slip to NTS headquarter in Islamabad.
NTS Headquarter Address: Plot # 96, Street #4, H-8/1, Islamabad.
Note: Your application will be rejected if you leave out any mandatory field.
Things to Remember after Applying for NTS Test
The NTS test dates are generally announced on the official portal. So, it is in your best interest to keep checking the updates regarding the test.
A list of eligible applicants will be shared on the website within a week of the form going live. If your name is not on the list, it means your application was rejected.
In some cases where the application gets rejected, you will get some time to review and resubmit it with updated information. Another list will be updated, the final one, two days before the test. That list will contain your roll number slip, date of your test, and venue where you will give the test.
Eligibility Criteria for NTS Test
In order to apply for the NTS test, you must have completed your 12 years of education. The eligibility criteria can vary from the job position and university programmes.
NTS Registration Fee
To apply for the NTS test, you must pay PKR 700 for the NAT test or PKR 1,000 for the GAT test. You can make an online transaction through Habib Bank Limited, Allied Bank Limited, United Bank Limited, Meezan Bank and Muslim Commercial Bank.
How to Check NTS Test Results Online?
For the year 2020, the NTS test has been conducted. The next most awaited day for the applicant is the test day. This stage tells the applicant whether they can proceed to the next stage or not.
The results of the tests are revealed after a few (mostly seven) days of the test.
There are two ways of checking the result
- NTS result by CNIC
- NTS result by roll number
Procedure to Check NTS Test Results
- Step 1: Head onto the NTS website to check whether the result has been updated.
- Step 2: You can find the list of the tests whose results have been uploaded by navigating to the NTS Test Result option.
- Step 3: After clicking on the “check test results here”, you will be redirected to a different page.
- Step 4: On this page, you have the option to use either your CNIC number or your Roll number. It will be present on your roll number slip.
- Step 5: After putting in either your CNIC or your roll number, you will have to enter the code, after which you will be shown your result.
Note: Another way is to download the merit list [if provided] and then search for your name and details there.
FAQs about NTS Test Results
You can download the application form from the official NTS website.
No. The registration must be done before the deadline announced by NTS.
Two eligible candidates list are issued by NTS. If your name appears in either of the list it means that your application has been accepted.
- First list- a week after the registration goes live.
- Second list- two days before the test.
In the NTS roll slip you will receive, the date and the venue of the test will be mentioned.
Apart from the NTS Roll number slip, the applicant must keep a CNIC, B-Form, or a passport.
The test date for the year 2021, hasn’t been announced yet. Keep visiting the NTS website to stay updated about any news regarding the test.
For more content related to news and current affairs, stay updated with the JagahOnline Blog. Follow us on Facebook as well.