Education has been flourishing in the world in many ways. One of the best is via student exchange programs. Moreover, many developed countries play a vital role in this case through scholarship programs and the benefit also goes to developing and underdeveloped countries. Likewise, the DAAD Scholarship program is also among them. Thus, this DAAD Pakistan program is what students need to see, who want to study in Germany.
DAAD stands for Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst, which is German Academic Exchange Service. Initially, it was founded in 1925, in Heidelberg, Germany. So far, around 2 million students have benefited from it. Moreover, just like other student exchange programs, this program’s primary purpose is to promote the German language, culture and education in the countries, which are part of this program.
Its funding comes from the German Federal Foreign Office, other ministries, the European Union, governments and institutes of other countries. Furthermore, the DAAD scholarship program is in over 60 countries. In addition, programs which the students can apply for are Masters, PhD and Postdoctoral studies. For those who are looking for master’s scholarships for Pakistani students, the below information will help them. Also, read about top universities in Karachi.
What is DAAD Pakistan Scholarship?
Since the DAAD Pakistan program had already established its foundation in multiple countries, its launch took place in Pakistan in the year 2010. With the help of this program between Pakistan and Germany, many students and researchers will benefit from it. Governments of both countries and universities, HEC (Higher Education Commission), and other institutes contribute to this DAAD Pakistan Scholarship. These DAAD scholarships for Pakistani students are a gateway to advanced learning in Europe.
This DAAD master’s scholarship in Pakistan will help graduates to excel in their field to serve the country later. These DAAD scholarships for Pakistani students will provide grants for travel expenses, monthly stipends, and health insurance in this program while education is free in the German universities. In addition, students get an average of 750 Euros stipend for postgraduate students and around 1000 Euros for research students. If you want to know the address of the DAAD office in Islamabad, here it is.
Address: House 7-B, Street 71, F-8/3, Islamabad, Pakistan.
Contact number: +92 (51) 2251-118
Email address: infodaad.pk
Requirements for DAAD Scholarship
There are some requirements of this program, which make it easier to find the eligibility of applicants. Below is some important information to help you qualify for this program.
- Minimum of 16 years of education for master’s program and 18 years for PhD program.
- If anyone has exceeded 6 years since completion of the graduate program can not apply for DAAD Pakistan.
- Students who have not completed their bachelor’s degree and are in the last year of the program can also apply for it.
- Those students who have already been in Germany for a maximum of 15 months from the closing date of application can also apply for it.
- Only those students can apply who already have bachelor’s degrees from their origin country (Pakistan) or are currently studying.
- Applicants who have dual citizenship will have to apply from the country of origin where they spent most of the time. Furthermore, they need to contact the program authority for additional details.
- This scholarship is for all fields except medicine. Moreover, architecture, computer science and music are the focus fields of DAAD scholarship.
- Applicants must have fluency in German (only for German-specific courses) or English language. You will see the language of instruction of that specific course at the time of selecting it on the website.
- IELTS (band 6) and TOEFL (based on a minimum of 550 papers, 80 internet, and 213 computer points).
- Applicants can avail themselves of only one German scholarship at a time. If applicants are already benefiting from a German scholarship, they can’t apply for any other one.
- A minimum of 2 years of work experience is mandatory for an applicant.
Institutes for the German Language
Below are the institutes where you can learn the German language for the program DAAD Pakistan scholarship.
- Goethe Institute (Karachi)
- Annemarie Schimmel Haus (Lahore)
- National University of Modern Language (Islamabad)
- Applicant’s hand-signed CV with a current date through Europass format.
- Letter of motivation with personal signature (minimum 2 pages with reason and details about current occupation and choice of post-graduate).
- Proof of English and German language clearance (for German-specific courses).
- Letter of recommendation from applicant’s current employer on letterhead with signature and current date.
- Applicants need to get their academic documents attested from HEC and other authorities (also, MOFA if required).
- Copies of academic degrees and transcripts along with grading scale (better with certified translation).
- Make sure your passport and other travelling documents are ready.
How to Apply for DAAD Pakistan Scholarship?
- Fill out the application form for the programs, which you may find on the website along with their deadlines.
- Submit the required documents, which we have mentioned above.
- For a PhD program, applicants have to provide a proposal, which includes objective and other key information for conducting research.
- Applicants can apply for a maximum of 3 courses. Also, prioritize by ranking those 3 courses.
- Send all the documents via post or upload on the portal, which depends upon the selected university.
Note: Make sure you check the websites of German universities that come under DAAD Pakistan scholarship for additional documents and language test scales. All those universities are available on the official website’s database.
That’s all from us and we advise you to go through the official website of DAAD Pakistan for further details. Whether you need updated information about programs offering German universities, the deadline for applications or the application form, their website will share more details.
Have a look at similar programs like the HEC’s scholarships and Fulbright Scholarship. You may read more informative content in the blog section of Jagah Online. You can follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn for more updates.