Check Land Ownership
Check Online Fard
Living in the era of modernisation, innovation, and technology where computers and artificial intelligence is constantly changing the way we interact in our personal and professional lives, the real estate industry of Punjab is all set for digitisation and transparency. This statement can be testified by the fact that Punjab Land Record Authority (PLRA) exists as an online platform for the keeping urban land records and to combat issues related to land administration.
Keep scrolling this blog as we answer the most frequently asked question about PLRA!
What is the Punjab Land Record Authority (PLRA)?
The Punjab Land Authority or the PLRA is a digitised platform which helps you find the rightful property owner. This platform has completely transformed the record keeping for land ownerships. With the records being computerised, verifying and looking for relevant land or owner information is an easier task than ever before.
What are the Features of Punjab Land Record Authority Portal?
Since the inauguration of PLRA, investigating land security and the rights of ownership is one less of every real estate buyer’s worries in Punjab. With just a few clicks you can easily dig out details of a property, land ownership in Punjab, and online fard. Meanwhile, the authority has introduced a crystal clear process of registering your own property online.
There are various accomplishments of the online digitised platform, here are some of the prominent achievements of the Land Records Authority:
- Digital services to carry out the issuance of fard, e-pass book, and getting your mutation attested.
- Punjab has a total of 151 Arazi Record Centres
- It has a total of 16 satellite fard booths
- The availability of PLRA has made land records accessible. You can easily access these records 24/7
- Property registration process takes up to 11 days
While the features and the achievements are, without a doubt, show stopping; we will now discuss the various processes featured through the Punjab Land Record Authority.
How to Check Land Ownership Online via PLRA?
Gone are the days of long queues, and endless hours of government procedures for something as little as verifying your own property – you can now do all of it at home!
All you need to do is visit the PLRA website and fill out your personal and property details to verify whether or not your property has been listed correctly. Once you land on the website, click on ‘Property Registry Search’ and fill out relevant details to proceed further.
Here’s a break down of the process below:
- Select your respective district name from a drop-down menu.
- Next, pick the service you wish to avail from the provided list.
- You will then be required to enter the method you would like to use for example, you will have to choose between entering your CNIC number, bahi number, registration number, or just your name.
- Once you have entered the relevant details, you will get an entire record of the Mauza. You can select the one that you wish to receive information for. Once those details have been generated, all you need to do is click on View Details, you will be able to view complete ownership details.
How to Check Online Fard?
Before we begin discussing how to check online fard, it is essential to develop an understanding of ‘Fard’.
Fard is a document that highlights the ownership of a particular piece of land. While this was a lengthy process in the old days, you can now easily obtain Fard online through the PLRA online platform.
Not only will this process get you what you want, but will also help you verify whether or not your property exists on the digital record. Once you have verified land registration, you can go forward with the stepwise procedure mentioned below to obtain online Fard:
- Visit the Punjab Land Records Authority’s website.
- When you land at the homepage, click on the tab that says “Online Fard” .
- A page will reload where you will be required to fill your details such as CNIC, Passport, POC, or NICOP.
- A code will then be sent to your registered mobile number.
- Use that code and enter it onto the empty field displayed on the screen.
- Once you have entered the code, a new page will appear, with empty fields – here you will need to enter the district, tehsil, and mauza for your property.
- The next step will include you stating the purpose of obtaining a fard – this is a little tricky, in order to obtain the online fard the purpose should only be for personal record keeping.
- In order to obtain Fard for other purposes, you will be required to visit the Arazi Record Centre in person.
How to Register Your Property on PLRA?
PLRA online services have simplified the process of property registration in Punjab. It used to take around 56 days in the manual procedure, but now it only takes less than two weeks using your laptops or smartphones.
While you still need to visit the record centre, you can view the whole process online and reduce the amount of back and forth trips you might need to make since you will have everything in place.
The property registration process via PLRA online portal is listed below:
- In the first step, you will need to obtain Fard from ‘Arazi Record Centre’ for a menial cost of PKR 500-700.
- You will then be required to pay the property taxes which often include capital value tax, stamp duty, and town fee.
- Hire the deed writer or lawyer for the rest of the process
- You will have 8 days to carry out the process of registration in front of a registration authority. This step might cost you a little around PKR 1000.
Note: The payments can only be made to the Bank of Punjab
Looking for more information on laws and taxes in Punjab? Check out how to obtain a driving licence in Punjab. Also, read our guide on online property tax challan in Punjab.
Got any questions or suggestions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more such information you can continue reading Jagah Online Blogs, and don’t forget to follow our Facebook page for fresh and new real estate updates!