Since the advent of telephones, the world of telecommunication has evolved a lot. Subsequently, the number of negative consequences have also increased with such evolution. In today’s modern world, our cell phones are playing a vital role in every daily task. Nowadays, the Subscriber Identification Module (SIM) card is like a key to communicating via cell phone. Unfortunately, very few of us are aware of the importance and side effects of the SIM we use. However, you must check SIM number before you start using it. You need to complete all the mandatory actions from SIM registration to SIM verification. But it is important to know some crucial steps to stay secure. For Instance, how to check SIM number on CNIC as well as about the SIM Information system. Since it is connected to PTA, you can also check the mobile registration process for complete protection.
In this blog, we will discuss everything related to SIM and some necessary information that can help you. For instance, the criminals have also upgraded themselves with the technology, your device can be used against you. Yes, this is how cybercriminals exploit you. Despite such possibilities, you should not worry since here are some ways that can help you stay secure and alert. Besides, you can learn how to block your SIM to avoid any criminal exploitation. We never know who is using our SIM in a criminal or even terrorist activity.
How to Check SIM Number?
There are a few simple ways to check the number of SIMs against your CNIC. You will get a response in detailed form with each cellular company’s name. Either you can check through SMS or you can online check SIM number through CNIC.
Check SIM Number Information via SMS
It is not that difficult, all you need to do is to follow the below steps.
- You need to type your CNIC/Identity card number without any dash.
- Send that message on contact number 668.
- Within a few minutes, you will receive an SMS from 668.
- Every detail will be in that SMS with the number of SIMs registered against your CNIC.
- Even telecommunication service companies’ names will be available for clarification.
It is a very convenient way to get details about the number of SIMs against your CNIC although it costs a few charges. Each SMS charges around Rs.2 to verify but it is not an ample amount to worry about. After all, you are having an easy and instant service of verification.
Check SIM Number Information via Website
The second method is also simple but you need an internet connection for it. Use your browser and visit the website https://cnic.sims.pk/. Once the page opens, you need to follow the below steps.
- Type your CNIC in the box.
- Click on the button of Submit.
- You will see the number of SIMs registered against your CNIC.
- It will show the details with each telecommunication company’s name.
- The total number of SIMs with further details of the two categories will be available.
This is another safe and secure way to have information about the number of SIMs against your CNIC.
On the other hand, if you find any extra SIM against your CNIC, you can follow a procedure to deactivate it. It is a serious matter where you need to follow another simple task, indeed you need to have your SIM blocked.
How to Block Unregistered SIMs?
If you find a few extra SIMs against your CNIC, have them blocked through your respective network’s franchise.
- You may call the helpline of your network to get details about the nearest franchises.
- Visit the nearest franchise of your SIM’s network.
- Fill out a form and show your original CNIC/Identity card.
- They will proceed to block your SIM.
You can also block your stolen or lost phone with this easy guideline.
Biometric SIM Verification
To avoid all these risks of cybercrime, you need to verify your SIM first. The government of Pakistan declared it mandatory to follow a strict procedure of SIM biometric verification. Whoever purchases a new SIM or gets ownership of an old one, will have to get biometric verification done. This biometric verification service is available at every franchise of telecommunication network company. All of it is incomplete without acquiring a CNIC from NADRA.
Ufone number check code/Ufone helpline number – 333
Zong number check code/Zong helpline number – 310
Jazz number check code/Jazz helpline number – 111
Telenor number check code/Telenor helpline number – 345
Some Useful Tips Regarding SIMs
- Keep updated with the registered SIMs.
- The government has allowed only five SIMs against a CNIC.
- Do not share your personal information with any unknown caller or SMS.
- Avoid SMS/Calls claiming to be representative of the government.
- Do not click on any link provided in an unknown SMS.
- Contact PTA (0800-55055) to report any spam via call.
- File a complaint at https://complaint.pta.gov.pk/RegisterComplaint.
- If the situation gets worse, contact FIA/NRCCC (+92 51 9106 384).
You can visit the website of PTA for any query or complaints about telecommunication services in Pakistan. You can have everything at www.pta.gov.pk/en also to check SIM number. Furthermore, National Response Centre For Cybercrime Pakistan should be your top option to report any suspicious activity in these cases.
National Response Centre For Cybercrime Pakistan
Helpline: +92 336 6006 060
Phone: +92 51 9106 384
We hope we have provided enough information to check SIM number as well as its related issues. Our purpose was to educate mobile users so they can tackle cyber problems. Your mobile SIM is a very crucial component in your life because it is connected to sensitive information. This sensitive information could be very costly if you lose it. If you need similar informative blogs like information about passport offices, you may visit blogs at JagahOnline.You can send us your suggestions and feedback at email@example.com.