List of Hospitals in Karachi
Government Hospitals in Karachi
Private Hospitals in Karachi
Karachi is the megacity of Pakistan, with a population of approximately 30 million. Such a big city needs proper facilities to live a quality life. However, Karachi has famous restaurants, food streets, supermarkets, shopping malls, and the best schools, and health services.
The hospitals in Karachi follow cutting-edge medical technology, which is essential for every society. During the COVID-19 pandemic, we have seen hospitals play a vital role in effectively tackling the pandemic. These hospitals are well equipped and provide world-class facilities for the residents here.
So, Let’s have a look at these hospitals!
List of Hospitals in Karachi
Proper treatment is the need of everyone suffering from any health issue. Hospitals around the globe practice providing the best health services to satisfy their patients. If we look at the Karachi situation, we can find a wide range of upper and lower-class. In fact, People who belong to the lower-class struggle for the two times proper meal. Because of these conditions, the health organisation has categorised hospitals into two sectors; private and the government. Thus, each hospital in both sectors plays a significant role in providing the best health facilities in Karachi.
Government Hospitals in Karachi
Government hospitals in Karachi are reputable who provide free facilities to the patients. The government aid includes better care, free medicines, blood tests, and other required lab tests. Even though, they work on providing better treatments for those who cannot afford the bills of private hospitals. Some government hospitals are mentioned below;
Abbasi Shaheed Hospital
The Abbassi Shaheed Hospital in Karachi is considered the prestigious hospital of Pakistan. It is the Sindh Government Hospital which is open to the public. It has many patients who come for the treatment, and the majority strength is from interior Sindh. The hospital is continuously evolving with the change in medical and healthcare procedures. It is also a teaching hospital where students learn medicine.
- Hospital has the department of Eye, Trauma centre, Orthopedics, Gynaecology, etc.
- It provides ambulance services with 24/7 operations.
- The bed strength is 850, 18 operating theatres, and a dedicated unit for each department.
- Specialized departments include; Cardiology, Dialysis, Neurosurgery, Burns and Plastic surgery, Radiology.
- The modern laboratory where test facilities are available like X-ray, CT scans.
- It has ventilator facilities.
- A grand Pharmacy for medicines.
Phone: (0092)-21-99260300, (0092) -21-99260301
Location: Jhormor Abbasi Shaheed Hospital, Block 3 Nazimabad, Karachi, Karachi City, Sindh 75300
Dr Ruth K.M. Pfau, Civil Hospital
The Civil Hospital is the oldest hospital in Pakistan, founded in 1898. Initially, the hospital served patients with 250 beds and primary health care. Today it stands in the list of Free Hospitals in Karachi with 1900 beds and 34 departments. It has dozens of operation theatres and a massive trauma centre. Reportedly about 2 million patients get treated annually, of which 95% get free medicines, operation, and laboratory facilities.
Burns Centre has modern operation theatres, emergency rooms, intensive care units performing services for 24 hours. They treat patients with severe burns. Additionally, the facilities are entirely free for lower-class families, who could not afford the high cost of treatments.
Shaheed Mohtarma Benazir Bhutto Institute of Trauma is designed for traumatically injured patients. They provide well-trained doctors and medical specialists to treat the patients in case of an emergency. The common causes are height falls, accidents, and gunshot wounds which are treated effectively.
Civil Hospital Departments
- The other departments of the hospital include:
- Cardiac Surgery
- Maxillofacial Surgery
- Plastic Surgery
Phone: (021) 99215740
Location: Mission Rd, near Civil Hospital Masjid، New Labour Colony Nanakwara, Karachi, Karachi City, Sindh
Jinnah Postgraduate Medical Centre
The Jinnah Postgraduate Medical Centre is famous for Jinnah Hospital. According to the sources, Jinnah is considered the top government operating hospital. Yearly one million patients make a visit to this hospital. Initially, the hospital was military-based but, after the independence of Pakistan, the founder of Pakistan, Muhammad Ali Jinnah, was asked to lend his name to the hospital. He approved with one condition that the hospital would be opened to the general public. Until now, it has been the best government hospital in Karachi.
- High-skilled doctors and advanced medical facilities.
- The hospital has 1185 beds, 28 clinical departments, 17 non-clinical departments.
- It has the Department of Accident & Emergency, Pulmonology, Clinical Oncology, Medicine & Endocrinology, Diabetes, Metabolism & Rheumatology, Psychiatry & Behavioral Sciences, etc.
Phone: (021) 99201300
Location: Rafiqui، Sarwar Shaheed Rd, Karachi Cantonment, Karachi, Karachi City, Sindh 75510
Private Hospitals in Karachi
Private hospitals are expensive besides they are effective in terms of treatment. However, it attracts the upper-class society of which patients need to get individual attention and care. The list of private hospitals in Karachi are as follows;
Aga Khan University Hospital
However, Aga Khan stands as one of the most expensive hospitals in Karachi with a high standard of quality health care. It was established in 1985 for the health science faculty as a teaching hospital. Today It is considered as one of the reputable and established institutes recognised globally. The research and innovation centre of the hospital invest continuously in modern health care solutions following worldwide practices.
- It has services expanded over 120 cities of Pakistan, which offers best doctor clinics, laboratories, and pharmacies for medical treatment.
- The clinical doctors include General Physician, Gynaecology, Child Specialist, General Surgery, Physiotherapy, Dialectology, Dermatology, Gastroenterology, Cardiology, and Internal Medicine.
- The Aga Khan clinics treat and provide health care services to the patients at a low price.
- Financial assistance is provided by Patient Welfare and Zakat programs to those who are unable to pay high treatment costs, covering health facilities and medicines.
Phone: (021) 111 911 911
Location: Stadium Road, P.O. Box 3500 Karachi 74800, Pakistan
Dr Ziauddin Hospital
Dr Ziauddin Hospital began providing maternity services. However, it has outstretched wonderfully in the past few years. Nowadays, it is regarded as one of the leading hospitals of Pakistan, also with five branches spread in the country.
The hospital is leading under the Ziauddin Trust. Furthermore, the private health sector aims to meet the community needs by providing modern health services. The hospital is well known for the quality treatment, expert doctors, and the latest equipment utilising modern technology.
The group of Dr Ziauddin hospitals in Karachi at North Nazimabad, Clifton, Keamari Campus. It also has some specialised hospitals likewise Dr Ziauddin Cancer Hospital, Dr Ziauddin Memorial Hospital, and Boat Basin Executive Clinics.
- The hospital enables home services for critical patients, including virtual clinics, online pharmacies, home collection for test samples, and domiciliary services.
- The hemodialysis centres perform more than 1500 dialysis sessions per month.
- They provide sustainable and quality Liver Transplantation & Hepatobiliary surgery with post-transplant care.
- The other departments include Pediatrics, Infection Control Unit, Speech-Language Therapy, Dentistry, Interventional Radiology, Lithotripsy, and Critical Care Unit.
Location: Block-B, North Nazimabad | 4/B, Shahrah-e-Ghalib, Block 6, Clifton | Plot No. 33, Behind KPT Hospital, Kemari | Plot 5, Block III, Gole Market, Nazimabad, Karachi.
Liaquat National Hospital
The hospital first functioned 60 years ago. It is a non-profit, non-commercial organisation serving thousands of patients daily. The hospital aims to satisfy every individual under a single roof by providing sustainable and affordable health care. Liaquat National Hospital is located in Karachi near the National Cricket Stadium.
- The hospital has 700 beds, including ICU beds and ventilators.
- 24 hours emergency services and acute care for the residents of Karachi, interior Sindh, and the patients from other Pakistan regions.
- Medical team specialised in Breast surgery, Hand Surgery, Arthroscopy, and LASIK.
- The accident and Emergency department has skilled and trained physicians to deal with sensitive emergency cases.
- Other departments include the intensive care unit, senior citizen primary care unit, speech, and language pathology unit, Orthotic and Prosthetic unit, etc.
Location: Stadium Road, Karachi 74800. Pakistan
This is a detailed review about hospitals in Karachi; if you want to read more about Karachi read our blog Green Metrobus Karachi and Karachi Eat Festival.
For more informative blogs, stay updated with JagahOnline. Also, follow us on Instagram and Facebook.