The ADB stands for Asian Development Bank, which aims to eradicate poverty. However, the program envisions benefiting the Asia and Pacific region. Although these regions and the countries have more success stories, a large area still shares poverty. In such circumstances, the ADB provides programs, scholarships, funds, loans, technical assistance, grants, and investment for the economic development of the region. Besides, its ADB Japan Scholarship program provides sustainability for the master’s students. Let’s find out more about the ADB JSP scholarship.
Study in Japan with ADB Japan Scholarship
The ADB-Japan Scholarship Program -JSP offers almost 135 scholarships for graduate students each year. However, for enrollment in fall 2023, the application form will be available in the mid-year 2022. Further, to study in the Japan scholarship program, it offers the following subjects; economics, business and management, science and technology, law and public policy, and various other development fields. Besides, a student from the Asian region can opt for any above-mentioned degree program and complete their master’s degree study.
Moreover, the University of Hawai’i at Manoa (UHM) approves the master’s study program for the ADB- Japan Scholarship Program. However, after completing the study program, the scholars are instructed to return to their home countries and extend their support for social-economic development.
What ADB-Japan Scholarship Program Offers?
Furthermore, studying in aboard country which provides a full scholarship has a lot of perks and benefits. Some of them are as follows:
- Complete tuition fee for the degree program
- Monthly home allowance
- Resources including books and instructional materials
- Medical safety and insurance
- Travel expense
- Adventurous escape
- Easy access to shopping malls and grocery stores.
However, the student who shows potential interest in the research field will be funded with a special grant for thesis work. Additionally, if you need extra courses to cover the thesis, the fee will also be covered in the scholarship.
What is the ADB-Japan Scholarship Program Eligibility Criteria?
Following are the requirements that candidates must fulfil in order to be a part of the scholarship program.
- Must be a citizen of an Asian developing country, which is under the list of ADB Scholarship.
- Must be the citizen of the home country, not holding dual citizenship to a developed country.
- Successfully gained admission to master’s degree at the designated institute.
- Hold a four-year bachelor’s degree or any degree equivalent to the four-year degree program.
- During the application submission, the candidate must have at least two years of full-time professional experience.
- Hold a strong grip on written and verbal English communication skills to pursue the degree program.
- A candidate must possess good health conditions.
- Willing to return to the home country and work for at least two years for the country’s economic development.
- The candidate’s age above thirty-five years at the application submission time is not eligible.
- Not be a relative to ADB members, including the relation of spouse, parents, step-parents, siblings, child, aunt, or uncle.
- The candidate must not be a director, executive director, staff member, management, or consultant member of ADB.
- Must not be a staff member of the designated university of ADB- Japan scholarship program.
- A candidate living as well as working in a foreign country is not eligible to apply.
- Additionally, a student with an abroad degree or pursuing a master’s degree program is not eligible to apply.
List of countries applicable for the ADB-Japan Scholarship Program
- Cook Islands
- Federated States of Micronesia
- Kyrgyz Republic
- Lao People’s Democratic Republic
- Marshall Islands
- Papua New Guinea
- Solomon Islands
- Sri Lanka
- Viet Nam
How to apply for the ADB-Japan Scholarship Program?
- Applicants are required to fill out the application form and look out for details of the selected university.
- The applicants are required to submit the documents and certification for the application, which must include the ADB-JSP information sheet.
- The applicants are required to send the document to the selected institute.
- Once the applications are received at the institute, a further evaluation process starts.
- The candidates among thousands of applications get shortlisted and sent the list to ADB.
- The reviewing of the application is performed by the ADB.
- The approval from the Japanese executive director for the awarding of grants. Thus, the ADB recommends the awards match the criteria.
- The final selected candidates get informed through the institutes.
So, that is the complete process to be a part of the ADB- Japan Scholarship program. However, the Pakistani students who want to pursue their higher studies from abroad should consider such a great opportunity.
Besides, there are various other programs we have written about. Check our blog on the Kamyab Jawan programme and Full Bright Scholarship program. Furthermore, read more blogs at Jagah Online and follow us on Facebook and Instagram.