Islamabad: On Thursday, The Executive Committee of the National Economic Council (ECNEC) approved 13 projects worth PKR 322.44 billion to uplift the economic conditions of the country. The projects are related to water, power, health, education, and infrastructure.
Also read: Deadline for submitting Rawalpindi Ring Road Proposal
In a meeting chaired by Mr. Abdul Hafeez Sheikh, the Finance Minister, the details of the 13 projects were discussed and decided. Following are few of the projects that were approved:
- The land acquisition of 10,000 kanals was approved for the purpose of Swat Motorway Phase-II. Funding for the project, PKR 20 billion, will be provided through the Federal Public Sector Development Programme (PSDP).
- At an approximated cost of PKR 44.704 billion, enhancement of the two-lane carriageway of Shikarpur – Rajanpur section of Indus Highway was approved. This will be done by the addition of two lanes.
- Development of healthcare facilities in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KPK) to improve the availability, utilisation, and quality of the facilities was approved. The funding, about PKR 20 billion will be provided through several World Bank-funded human capital investment projects.
- On a budget of PKR 25.55 billion, the Greater Karachi Water Supply Scheme (K-IV) with capacity of 260 MGD capacity Phase-I was also approved. The project will be executed by The Karachi Water and Sewerage Board and WAPDA.
Read: Al-Biruni Radius project to promote tourism in Jhelum
- Naj Gaj Dam Project for Dadu, would also be constructed with the cost of PKR 46.98 billion.
- Approval of the 69-km-long (four-lane) Sambrial-Kharian Motorway was given, at an estimated cost of PKR 43.383 billion.
Furthermore, several projects related to irrigation, water resource management and education were also improved.
For more information related to news and current affairs in Pakistan, stay updated with JagahOnine Blogs and follow us on Facebook.