Vehicle Registration Process
Vehicle Registration Information Required
Online Vehicle Verification Islamabad
Vehicle Verification via SMS
Vehicle Verification via Visit
Vehicle Ownership Details
If you are a resident of the capital, and need to buy a new vehicle or even a used one, the most important step is to either get it registered or verified.
However, many individuals hesitate before going through with these procedures, mostly due to the fact that these procedures are quite confusing and lengthy. The most common question is always “How long would the queue be?”
What if we told you we can clear any confusion you might have and you don’t even have to stand in long queues for hours?
Seems like a dream right?
Similar to our previous guide about vehicle verification in Pakistan, in this blog, we will tell you all about both the online vehicle verification in Islamabad and the registration process.
Let’s get started!
Online Vehicle Registration in Islamabad
Let us first briefly tell you about getting your new vehicle registered online in Islamabad Capital Territory – the information you need, the documents required, and a step-by-step guide of the entire online procedure.
New Vehicle Registration Process
Follow the simple guideline mentioned below, to get your new vehicle registered in the city of Islamabad:
- Head to the official website of Islamabad excise department
- Navigate to ‘Vehicle Registration’ and select ‘Online Vehicle Registration’ from the drop down menu
- You will be redirected to a page, where you will be given the following two options:
– New Vehicle Registration Process
– Vehicle Transfer of Ownership
- Click on ‘New Vehicle Registration Process’
- You will now be taken to the new vehicle registration form
- Fill the information required and save the form
While filling the form, you will be required to give the following information:
- Owner’s information: Their name, address, contact information and NTN
- Transfer Details: Purchaser information, whether it was bought under an individual’s name or an organisation
- Purchase information: The name of the bank or the company
- Taxpayer information: Filer or Non-Filer status
- Vehicle information: The body type, chassis number, engine number and size of the vehicle
- Information of the owner’s representative: This is the person who will represent the owner at the ETD’s office
Vehicle Verification Islamabad
Let us now get to the actual vehicle verification process in Islamabad.
Similar to MTMIS Punjab, the Excise and Taxation Department of the capital has launched the Motor Transport Information Management System. MTMIS Islamabad is an information centre that has made the process of vehicle verification in Islamabad easier, as it stores all the data related to vehicle registration, verification, driving licence and traffic rule violations.
Getting your car registration check won’t just help you if a traffic police constable wants to know the details of your vehicle; it will also help you if you wish to resell your car and need to reassure the buyer regarding the authenticity of the vehicle.
Methods of Vehicle Verification in Islamabad
In Islamabad Capital Territory, there are three simple methods to do a vehicle registration check in Islamabad:
- Official Website
- Visit to the Excise department
Let us discuss these methods in a bit more detail.
Online Vehicle Verification in Islamabad
Getting your vehicle verified in Islamabad via the official website of the Excise and Taxation Department is quite easy, all you need to do is follow the below mentioned steps:
- Visit their official Website
- Navigate to the toolbar, and hover over ‘Vehicle Registration’
- Select ‘Check Vehicle Detail’ from the drop down menu
- You will be redirected to a page, where you will be asked the registration number of your vehicle and the date of registration
- Click on ‘Check’ afterwards
After you have completed the process, you will be taken to a page that reveals the registration details of your vehicle.
As mentioned earlier, you might need your vehicle’s ownership details, if you get stuck in a traffic related issue. In order to help you get quick results, the Excise and Taxation Department of Islamabad, has launched a SMS service. All you need to do is:
- Open the SMS window on your phone
- Type your vehicle’s registration number
- Send the text to 8521
- As soon as you send the message, you will receive a text back, carrying the details of your vehicle
Visit to the Excise Department
Another way to do a motorbike ownership check or car registration check in Islamabad is to visit the Excise and Taxation Department. All you need to do is visit the department with original and relevant documents to check car registration in Islamabad.
Here is the relevant information you will require while on your visit to the department:
Address: Inside HEC Building, Service Road E, near H 9/4, Sector H-9
Contact Number: 051-9265588
Office Timings: Monday – Friday
09:00 AM – 04:00 PM
Note: The office is closed on Saturday and Sunday.
Vehicle Ownership Details
Whether you use the official website or send a SMS to 8521, or even if you visit the department in person, here are the details you will receive regarding the vehicle and its ownership:
- Owner’s Name
- Registration Number
- Date of Registration
- Color of Vehicle
- Type of Vehicle
- Engine Number
- Chassis Number
- Year of Manufacturing of the vehicle
- Token Taxes Paid
On this note we will conclude our blog. To make the process of registering your new vehicle and verifying it in Islamabad, we have shared with you a detailed guideline of both the process and the ways you can get it done. If you have any further queries, write to us at email@example.com
For more insightful posts related to the laws and taxes of Pakistan, stay updated with JagahOnline Blogs and don’t forget to follow us on Facebook.