Looking for a simple guide to PTA IMEI check? Fret not! We have you covered.
If you own a cellular device, you must be aware of the fact that every cell phone or mobile device in the country should be verified and approved by the Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA). In case the device isn’t registered or falls under the category of non-PTA approved devices, it will get blocked after a certain period of activation.
Now, you can save yourself from the hassle of getting your device blocked and losing all the data by just scrolling the post as we have shared a simple guide on how to verify a Phone’s IMEI number in various ways.
|Note: For your convenience, we have divided this guide into easy-to-comprehend parts. First, we will share the definition of an IMEI number. Afterwards, we will take a look at the process of PTA mobile verification as well as PTA IMEI Check via both SMS and website.|
So, without further ado, let’s start verifying!
What is the IMEI Number?
International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI) is a number used for the identification of your mobile device. The IMEI number in Pakistan is usually 15 digits long while the serial number for every device is unique and cannot be used for other devices.
How to Find a Phone’s IMEI Number?
It doesn’t matter if you are an Android phone user or an iPhone user, the IMEI number can easily be found. Just follow the instructions below:
- For android phone users, the IMEI is usually written under the battery of your phone beside the SIM card [in removable battery devices].
- In case you can’t locate it under the battery or the battery can’t be removed, IMEI is also printed on the boxes of your device.
- iPhone users can easily find the IMEI number written on the back of their phone.
How to Double-Check a Phone’s IMEI Number?
If you have found the IMEI number of your device [under the battery or on the box] and are wondering how to verify your phone’s IMEI number with PTA, follow the two steps mentioned below:
- Step 1: Open the dialer of your phone.
- Step 2: Now type *#06# in your phone’s dialer.
- Step 3: Your screen will automatically be prompted to a pop-up box as soon as you press ‘#’.
- Step 4: You will now be provided with an IMEI number.
- Step 5: In case you have a dual SIM phone, you will be shown a list of IMEI numbers since each SIM arrangement on your device has its unique IMEI.
|Note: The procedure mentioned above can be used by both Android and iPhone users in Pakistan. It is an important step in the process of PTA IMEI verification, so make sure you enter the correct details.|
PTA IMEI Check via SMS
There are several numbers of ways introduced by the Pakistan Telecommunication Authority to verify mobile devices. Some mentions in this regard are Device Identification, Registration, Blocking System (DIRBS), and PTA Device Verification System (DVS).
If you want to verify your mobile phone with PTA using SMS, follow the guidelines mentioned below:
- Once you have your mobile’s IMEI number [as mentioned in the procedures above], grab your phone and open your inbox messages.
- Draft a new message and text IMEI number to 8484.
- Now, wait for the reply. After a few seconds, you will receive a reply from PTA telling you whether the mobile device is registered with PTA or not.
|Note: The verification message will be in both English and Urdu.|
PTA IMEI Check via Website
If you want to find out how to verify your mobile phone using a web browser, laptop, or desktop, then PTA has developed a dedicated portal for this purpose.
Here is a step-by-step guide to check whether your cellular device is PTA approved or not:
- Open your web browser and navigate to the PTA Mobile Verification website.
- Scroll the webpage and you will find the bar shown that reads ‘enter 15-digit IMEI’.
- Now, enter your 15-digit mobile IMEI number in the bar.
- Once you have entered the IMEI number, click on the ‘Check’ button.
- You’ll be directed to your PTA mobile registration details then and there.
|Note: It is recommended that you use the desktop version of PTA mobile verification site for best user-interaction. Meanwhile, mobile users can make use of the mobile application.|
Here we’ll wrap up our detailed post on PTA IMEI check. We hope that this blog will help you verify your mobile device with PTA without any hassle. If you have any further queries or feedback, write to us at email@example.com.
For more informative posts, keep visiting JagahOnline Blog. Subscribe to our email newsletter to receive the latest posts in your inbox.